Friday, March 05, 2004 at 7:28 p.m. |
Today I had an usually good day.

Most of the time, on my days off, I tend to sit around and stare at the walls. Really.

In fact, if it wasn't for my girlfriend I'd probably never leave the safe confines of home. After all, my stuff is all here. I can gorge myself on home video entertainment, search the web for boring bits of trivia that I'll store in my brain as the lesser-used knowledge, such as my ability to play the piano, gradually falls by the wayside.

It can be easy to get depressed. To fall into a funk. To just not care.

I woke up grumpy. It's our 'reading week' at Humber and I had to go in for a meeting dealing with our magazine, Convergence. It's not a bad mag, not a bad concept and the people I work with are great, but seriously, it's my day off.

You don't mess with that.

So instead you gather up a Gamecube, a couple of games and head out with the intention of getting the work out of the way and having fun. Fun is good. I don't often have fun other than with my girlfriend and sometimes guy fun is therapeutic.

Afterwards, Pushee and I headed out to the nearby mall to take up Bain's offer of a free movie. He's a cinema slut working the concession counter on this particular date so we snag two passes to Starsky and Hutch. I'm ashamed to say that not only was it not bad, but it was kind of good.

"I like your style."

"I like your moves."


And this has all had the wonderful result of me feeling slightly happier and more optimistic than just about anything else in a while. The moral of the story: get out and have fun with your friends. Doesn't matter what you do, but anything that takes you out of your head for a little while and into the here and now isn't a bad thing.

Try it.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum