Tuesday, March 30, 2004 at 11:46 a.m. |
The past week (or nearly so as I look at my ignored blog) has been filled with work. Different kinds, different pressures, but work all the same. First there's always the Sun (covered a parade, eBay, that sort of stuff) and then there's the work that keeps me up at night.

When I get really stressed and bogged down with a lot to do, including the lay out of Convergence, my mind goes into overdrive whenever I'm not working. Each night I write stories, lay out the magazine and think about all the things I have to do the next day. All of this I do in the dark, my head on my pillow, and my girlfriend sound asleep beside me.

This is not good.

Still, what else can I do? Soon enough the pressures will all be gone and I'll be sitting here lamenting the fact that I have nothing to do. I'm still waiting on a definite answer from EYE and my job searching has been less than stellar as each free moment I have I covet for a bit of relaxation. Even then my mind works.

So I'm trying to give my body a bit of a break as well. I finally started going to karate again to this little dojo just down the street. The guy there is great, his classes are friendly and overall things are finally moving the way I want. And if it seems like I'm complaining about all the work I have to do that's only part of it... I'm complaining because I like feeling important, driven and focused. My complaint isn't that there's work to do, but that there's only so much left before the dreaded 'real world' scenario kicks in for the last and final time.

I'm not worried, mind you. Jobs are easy to come by if you know where to look and can put in the time. It's just that right now I don't have the time or inclination to do these necessary steps. I suppose it doesn't help that, monetarily at least, I can cover myself through the summer.

Besides, things have a way of working themselves out.

So I've been told.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum