It's true. Bizarre, but true. You learn a lot of things from online page-a-day calendars and instead of doing work I'm reading a calendar. I should get an award for avoidance.

Speaking of which, I did pick up an award from the Columbia Scholastic Press for an article I wrote about a boy I knew who committed suicide. On the one hand I'm flattered to have won, but on the other hand it constantly brings up negative emotions. I wrote the article to purge a demon or two of my own as well as feelings of guilt that Aaron tells me I shouldn't feel, but at the same time it's never easy to lose someone before their time, and especially someone so young.

The rest of my day was consumed with not panicking. This may seem easy to do but I assure you it isn't. Since the revelation that I'd be the sole art director on Convergence and trying to get in touch with EYE over the offered internship (and I haven't heard back so I'm going to call first thing tomorrow... this is just too good an opportunity to pass up), I've been having serious butterfly issues. I got the folios, fonts and templates all picked out and set up (and it looks better than it should). I'm always amazed at some of the layout work I do and some of the writing I do because I always think it should be long, drawn out and painful before you get the results you need. Then I realize that sometimes you just get lucky.

So far so good.

Tonight I'll do a bit of editing and I promised Pushee a game or two of StarCraft. I also just need to relax. Not necessarily a vacation kind of relaxing since I haven't done any work in a week, but just something to calm myself.

I wish I liked alcohol.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum