Tuesday, March 09, 2004 at 12:32 p.m. |
Jer and I rented EA's latest Gamecube offering, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King last night. We both had played The Two Towers before and agreed that while it was a good game it lacked a certain something that would qualify it as a GREAT game.

Return of the King is a GREAT game.

For one, it lets you play co-op. So I'd trundle off as Aragorn with Jer aka Legolas at my side and we'd fight in a varied, dynamic environment with a lot of other things, such as spears, that we could pick up and throw. It adds a lot of fun to what could otherwise be a static game.

As usual, the graphics and cinematic blendings are amazing.

Still, I wouldn't mind it if they allowed for a three player co-op experience considering Gimli stayed with us the whole way through as a computer-controlled helper. That would be my only addition.

At any rate, we played this late into the night and enjoyed pizza while poor Catherine was locked in the bedroom and forced to activities on her own. I'm sure she was quite upset by that (not).

Jer helped my Monday to be something enjoyable despite the fact that I still cleaned Rooter and Truffle's cage and tidied up a little. Today is going to be less ambitious though it should in fact be more so. I still have two interviews to do for Convergence though only one is arranged and my second draft is due this week.

I don't really care that much.

I'm also scrambling to arrange an interview with Kevin Smith, director of such screen gems as Clerks and the upcoming Jersey Girl. I've called all his PR people and now I'm just waiting to hear back.

This would be fun and professionally satisfying.

Wish me luck.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum