Monday, March 15, 2004 at 8:53 p.m. |
Better than I would have thought, really. Catherine and I are slowly but surely preparing for our American romp and the first step: get some green yankee cash.

Sounds easy, doesn't it? Well, turns out it is easy, too.

I figured we'd have to have our own banks here as something my mother said seemed to indicate that a heavy surcharge would be laid upon us for trying to convert cash we took out of a bank. Instead, Catherine looked up her banking info and saw that a CIBC machine on Bloor and Yonge will actually dispense US cash at the current trade rate.

Not bad. We now have more American money on us than Canadian.

Soon we'll be gathering our passports and other I.D. as we leave under cover of darkness... 12am... midnight... Wednesday...

Sounds exciting, doesn't it? The weirdest part is that the thing I'm looking the most forward to is simply the bus ride there and back. It'll be at least 10 hours or so but I just really like riding on buses. Ever since I went to Jasper. The trip back was a nightmare, but that's an entry for another day.

US... here I come. Hide the silverware.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum