Tuesday, March 16, 2004 at 10:52 p.m. |
I know it's just a game, but how can it be so addictive? Not since crack, pot, alcohol or beanie babies has such a product so ensnared my mind and that of my friends, all veterans now of a brutal interstellar war.

Actually, the brilliance of StarCraft lies in that it's free to play online with up to seven of your friends. This is double-cool in my opinion as most of my friends live too far away to 'hang out' with on a regular basis. This is great because if we were hanging out together we'd be playing video games anyway.

Still, it's a good way to connect. And you get to have fun and piss off your significant other whom you're ignoring the whole time you're playing.

StarCraft is also good considering that it came out in 1998 and could have easily gone the way of Tetris. Instead you can pick up both the game and the expansion at any EB for under $30. Considering how much time I've put in the game I'd say that it's more than worth the money and the amount of enjoyment that I've gotten out of it.

So hats off to WiltChamberlain, plaidchocobo, thewaxtadpole, NoNotGus, BaraCek, jasonesbain, nas-t-beatch and the terrans, zerg and protoss.

Fire it up.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum