Thursday, March 11, 2004 at 6:32 p.m. |
Next week Catherine and I will be taking a little trip to the Excited States. It seems that the magazing I was the EIC of, Magazine World, has picked up five awards down there which means I get a free ticket and hotel room on the college's dime.

I can live with that.

We'll be leaving late Wednesday and will get back, I assume, sometime on Sunday or very early Monday morning. I intend to make the best of this trip that I can with stops over at Marvel and lunch with Frank Tieri (Weapon X) and Chris Claremont (Uncanny X-Men).

You can't really ask for more and yet I really hope that this serves as the perfect romantic getaway for Catherine and I. While we do spend most of our spare time with each other it can get tough through the week to really get up the energy to care about ourselves much less each other. Hopefully we can take in a few shows, see the sights and get some fine dining in us.

And of course there's shopping to be done. It's too bad the dollar isn't reversed as I'd really go and clean up, but there's something so pure and commercial about shopping in the states. I don't get to do it very often, but each time it's like breaking in a new car.

Seriously.

Other than that, I'm just busy putting together the final touches on my Colin Mochrie interview as well as my pick up story for Convergence. We're having guests over this weekend so that means I took Saturday off from the Sun as well as all of next weekend. I don't really like missing my internship but the one thing I know for sure at this point is that I'm prepared for the job and now all that remains is to put in more time and build up more experience.

Later on tonight I'll be watching Survivor: All Stars. Rupert had better win as he's the one I like the most, followed closely by Lex. Yes, I know it's just a TV show but at the moment there isn't a whole heck of a lot else out there to care about.

Have you seen the teasers for upcoming new shows? Good LORD... spot the gay man, midget's racing camels... what a world.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum