Tuesday, July 20, 2004 at 10:38 p.m. |
One of the great things about staying in a hotel, such as the one I was in during my visit to New York, is that they are like a small nexus. They all have the same basic content and all that changes is the view out the window.

Sometimes I wish I was a hotel room.

Not a place for people to stay and to mess up their sheets or use their phone, but rather an extension of that changing window. This is a funny thing for me to say, especially for those of you who know how much I hate change. Yet I always felt as though I should have a different piece of road under my feet each day and a sword strapped to my back.

I suppose that's part of the allure of movies and comic books. They provide a nice dose of escapism into a world of possibilities. Don't get me wrong, I love my life here with Catherine and provided I actually get a job, I'm quite content to stick with Toronto for a few years.

I suppose I just feel the travel bug slowly starting to call and opportunity fading away. I suppose that unless I go in the next couple of years, I'm not going to go. Sounds kind of fatalistic but at the same time we all know that life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

I've stayed in hotels all over the world and I know there are more than a few in the future ahead of me. Hopefully once both Catherine and I have our nice jobs we can make this more of a reality. In the meantime, there's always the Amazing Race.

Why won't they make it so Canadians can compete? Man, that would be incredible.

 
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum