Thursday, July 15, 2004 at 3:42 p.m. |
It's a fun game and it's also a bitch. Take today for example. Things today have reshaped many paradigms that I thought were certain in the coming months.

The first was Eye. Immediately in the morning I was asked to get a story ready for the next day based on a story I pitched the day before. I had long sinced given up trying to be a useful member of this society and yet today I was out and about researching and writing a story I actually liked. Go figure.

The story is done and awaiting editorial mangling.

Then, Catherine, the girl who never knows as well as I do what's in store for her got her dream job. She's been employed by Career Cruising for a ridiculous sum of money and starts on July 26. She sounds very calm as do I, but I think that's the shock speaking. More than a job, this is security, peace of mind, comfort and a career direction she's always wanted to explore. I can't express how happy I am for her and yet at the same time feeling the gnaw of jealousy as I doubt I'll be getting offers from Marvel in the near future.

The last was an odd quiz.

Head to www.colorquiz.com. Answer honestly and get in return a surprisingly accurate reading of who you are. Most of these are complete bunk, but for some reason this one rang true. Check it out.

I still can't believe she got the job. Yet I knew in my heart the whole time that it would be her, the fact that they were a few days later in letting her know than they said they would be upped the tension factor. I even joked yesterday that they were holding out just to tick us off.

I'm so proud. Now I have to try and get a job. The competitive part of me wants to try and best her somehow. Not very charitable, but at least I'm honest in a "hey, you're a jerk" sort of way.

:)

Good job, Boo.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum