Sunday, April 18, 2004 at 8:53 p.m. |
Don't you love irony?

I went to see both Kill Bill Vol. 2 and The Punisher today. I expected to love the Tarantino flick and find some glimmer of enjoyment from my Marvel comic offering.

Things went in the opposite direction. I LOVED The Punisher. Sure, it had it's flaws, but overall the film pleased me quite a bit. Color me shocked.

Uma and Quentin, on the other hand, lacked the lustre and shine that the first half of this big movie had. It's almost too different from the first half. Though I knew and expected things to slow down and go in a bit of a different direction, it was just too... western, I suppose.

Still, a good flick. I'll be interested in seeing the two put back together later this year on DVD.

Both are good flicks worthy of checking out. But man-o-man... Frank Castle kicks ass.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum