Thursday, April 08, 2004 at 10:47 p.m. |
I can feel it in my bones.

My hand aches tonight for some reason. Feels like arthritis setting in. I don't know why this would be the case... I probably smacked it good and hard at karate last night. My hip is also sore, though I don't know why it hurts either.

Little by little more and more of me is fading away. The only good news about this is that some of it is leaving my middle. I come home drenched in sweat after a tough workout at karate three times a week... if it doesn't kill me, I'm pretty sure I can keep it up.

But my mind is another matter. With only weeks (days, really) left to go before school is over I know that I need to make job searching a priority. I'm trained, confident and prepared but the only thing holding me back is that terrible full entry into that territory called 'real life'.

I don't wanna.

Well, I do and I don't. I do because if I hesitate I'll run out of money and wind up living on the street, or worse, with one of my parents. They don't want it, and frankly neither do I. I'm not really worried as a job is at the tip of your fingers all the time in this biz, you just have to be willing to travel to it. With Catherine and I living together with a strong desire to keep doing so, sometimes you just have to look harder.

My brain hurts as well. This magazine is turning into one major pain in the ass. I can do the layout, I can gather the art, but it's the little things... like adjusting the picture files, tweaking the size, formatting the copy and dealing with Carey... that are driving me insane. And those are the things that are going to delay this book from going out.

While I don't really want to be there in May still working on this thing, I admittedly don't have anything else to do at this point.

Can you tell I'm motivated?

Seriously, though, looking at the layout I've done so far, the plans in motion for the rest it comes down to copy editing and the ability of the editors to get their shit in gear that will determine when this thing comes out.

I just need the art and the text.... and pardon my french, but the rest can just fuck off.

I think I'm going todash.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum