Saturday, April 03, 2004 at 10:50 p.m. |
Yes, it goes against my instincts as a staunch follower of Marvel Comics... I am the dread Marvel Zombie... but I must say that this was a pretty good movie. Not just a good comic book movie, either, but a good movie in of itself.

That said I think Catherine is going to have a nightmare or two. It's a bit creepier and darker than I thought it would be, but the effects, the cast and the story are all very well rounded. There's a lot of fun in there as well.

Heck, I'm tempted to go out and pick up a Hellboy comic. That scares me as I already spend too much on the comics medium.

Oh well, I still have The Punisher and Spider-Man 2 to watch this summer.

Getting past that, Catherine and I had a really good 'date night' tonight thanks to my mom. She slipped us a bit of cash as an easter treat, so we went out to dinner at this great place called Moxie's over at Fairview Mall (Don Mills Station) then headed to Rainbow for the movie. I have to admit, paying $7.50 for a brand new movie at a decent theatre is much more realistic than $15 each for most other places.

Ah, but the Bloor Cinema still captures my heart with $4 features...

It was just a good night, overall. Catherine and I don't get many chances to spend relaxing days together and then get to go out at night. Lately I've been at the Sun every weekend (I may have... forgotten... to go in today) so any chance we get for a day off together is good. It's been pretty rare.

Also, she's one heck of a good date.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum