Wednesday, April 14, 2004 at 11:11 p.m. |
God I hate journalists.

This is an alarming statement considering I am one, but if you ever try and deal with a journalist, especially one that's been in the business for a decent number of years, this can be a taxing chore.

One columnist at the Globe and Mail that I've had dealings with has been particularly troublesome. She's been cooperative, of that you can be sure, but at the same time she takes nearly every opportunity to point out some flaw or error in something that I've done. The first time it was taking too long to follow her words while writing notes. This time, it was the sin of neglecting to include a time frame.

This was partially intentional. After all, I'm trying to gather some notable journalists together for a cover photo shoot for Convergence. Not an easy task both in terms of manpower, time available, and space to fit in the egos. But I'm trying.

And it may kill me.

Will she help? Well, she says she's up for it. First she... well... read and decide:

"am confused. you don't give me a clue, i don't think, when you might
want to do this? don't even have a hint. i know where, i know why, i know
what to wear even, but no idea of a rough time frame.
the murder trial i'm covering is in its last stages, and the case will
go to the jury next tuesday, so my time is dicey and can't possibly say
i can be there, though i would try, until i have some idea of what
you're looking at here."


It ended with a little 'cheers' to make my day sunny and bright. At least I have confirmation from Manni that Ben Chin is interested, and another name is popping by the school tomorrow.

Life could be easier, but who knows how much? Schedules, schedules, schedules....

And why am I organizing all this shit? I'm just the bloody art director....
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum