Sunday, April 04, 2004 at 7:29 p.m. |
It's a reference to the latest issue of The Ultimates, a fantastic comic too rarely put out by Marvel. It deals with a team of Avengers for today with greats like Captain America, The Hulk, Thor and Iron Man. How can you not love a comic wherein Hulk loudly claims that he isn't a sissy boy, but is straight?

It's beyond me.

Today was an ordeal. Not a bad one, just a busy one. Tomorrow sets a new personal record as the most number of stories going into the Sun. Most of the time it's two... one byline, one blurb. Tomorrow it's five. Two stories, two blurbs, and a dreaded streeter on the Maple Leafs.

I don't mind streeters anymore. Not that they aren't still odious and difficult tasks, but because I found out today that I get paid for every photo that the Sun uses. All I have to do is bring in my past work, lay it at the photo desk and politely ask to be paid. It's not much at $5 a photo, but it's better than a kick in the ass.

And to date, I have more than one photo. I have 10 streeter pics, two parade pics and tomorrow another six streeter picks. That brings the total to 18 photos and a nice little check of $90. This does little more than pay a few bills or buy a TTC pass for the month, or if I'm feeling lucky I'll pick up the Firefly DVD box set, but money is money.

And I need some of that in order to live. So soon and I'll be out of school, out of money and lacking a job. Oh well. No one ever said life was dull.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum