Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 2:15 p.m. |
webbingThese days, due to boredom, my ambition can sometimes get the better of me. Case in point is the illustration to the left. Made up of four screen grabs I took from the new Spider-Man 3trailer featuring the black suit (otherwise known as Venom), Topher Grace as Eddie Brock, Thomas Haden Church as Sandman, and James Franco as Hobgoblin.

I wanted to include all of the photos I snagged, but couldn't think of a way that a standard presentation would be effective with so many photos. "Make ONE image!" I thought to myself. Downloaded a webbing brush for photoshop, added drop shadows, adjusted the photos and so on.

It looks KIND OF cool, but not what I envisioned. I'm still posting it though because I wasted a lot of time trying to get it right. The rest of today will be spent making glass beads in photoshop. My first attempt is so-so given that the guy who made the tutorial was working with a much older version.

I'm quite excited to see Spider-Man 3, although I'm getting very tired of film studios putting out trailers like these when the film is nearly a year away from opening. I'll still go see it and enjoy it, but come on, aren't we jumping the gun a little?

First it was Transformers with a July 2007 release and now this. At least Superman Returns opens tonight. I'm planning to go tomorrow night with Catherine to see the IMAX version with 20 minutes of 3D effects to watch.

That can't be a bad thing.

Once I master the glass button, you'll likely see the results in my corner box. It seems safe to expect dozens of the damn things to pop up everywhere once I figure it out.

31 actual days at work left.
Posted by Parallel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

4:51 p.m.  
Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

12:10 p.m.  
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum