Thursday, June 15, 2006 at 3:20 p.m. |
sample travel page


So far I've been more of a passive observer during the planning of my upcoming trip to China. Most of the details I've left to Catherine and to a lesser extent David, not because I can't be bothered, but because this trip is much more meaningful to Catherine.

Not that I'm not very excited about going, but China has been something of an obsession for Catherine. She wants to hold a panda (which you can do if you grease the right palms), visit several cities and take in the sights. I'm really excited about spending a night at a watchtower on the Great Wall itself as well as visiting what has been described as the most scenic group of mountains in China.

From Beijing to Chengdu to Shanghai and back, it's going to be a good trip. So far I've left all the planning to Catherine (though I did find the hostels) because it still seems so far off to me despite only being three weeks away. Also, while I have travelled overseas before, it was some time ago and my frame of reference is a little bit foggy.

To this end, I have begun to create our own travel book filled with maps and the names of some of the places we will definitely be staying at or might be staying at. I'm sure I could print all of this stuff off in other ways, but at least this gets me more involved and it creates a fun little travel book.

This is a big job I've given myself.

I've been given the green light by work to go on my trip, and other upheavels here regarding tenuous employment seem to have calmed down, so it looks like I'm good to go on the trip and good to come back for a month afterwards. I'm both delighted and dismayed by this news.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum