Wednesday, June 21, 2006 at 11:21 a.m. |
Boys BewareAfter giving me lots of useless websites for about a month and a half, my desktop Page-A-Day calendar finally struck internet oil. Crude oil, I admit, but anyone who is a fan of Mystery Science Theater 3000 can appreciate it.

The Prelinger Archives seem to be the hub of the MST3K shorts universe. Rick Prelinger gathered thousands of these films created between 1920 and the 1980s, the bulk of which was acquired by the Library of Congress in 2002.

The good news is that thousands are still available for viewing online.

I haven't had time to go too in-depth with the offerings on the site, but so far great examples include How to Use the Dial Phone, Ulcer at Work, and Are You Popular?

I also spotted Boys Beware, a film shot in 1961 warning boys about that dangerous disease of the mind: homosexuality.

My best guess is that Josh, Jer, and likely Paul will all spend a bit of time looking over this site. It's a great time-waster activity, one I've already spread around the office.

Totally unrelated note: I saw Cars at the theater last weekend. It's not a Pixar classic, but still probably one of the best movies I've seen this year. It's been a crap year for film. Long live television!

36 actual days at work left.
Posted by Parallel

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Is a seven inch penis big Antidepressant+medication+picture

3:08 p.m.  
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum