Monday, June 12, 2006 at 1:53 p.m. |
Rick McGinnisHow many people out there can say they've run into someone who, at first glance, appears to be your twin? On my way to work this morning, I was reading the Metro and was given pause because I dont' normally appear in newspaper ads. I had to look a little more closely to see that it wasn't me, but the TV critic, Rick McGinnis.

Not only is it strange to see that he looks like me, but it's odd because I've been meaning to write to him to get advice on becoming a TV columnist/critic because I really like the sarcastic but informative tone that his pieces in the Metro have. Perhaps he's from some sort of alternate future reality and the reason I like him so much is because he's ME.

Probably not. The nose is different as several have pointed out, but he could be my father, brother, or myself several years down the line. Nathan was shocked, Larrie thought it was creepy, Catherine thought it was me in the thumbnail version of the photo I sent her. My mom's reaction was less subtle: "Ewwwww! THAT'S really kinda creepy isn't it! OMG! At first glance I thought you had screwed with the photo and dumped your head on it ...."

I really hope she isn't saying that I look creepy.

I had Li scan the newspaper ad in for me as I thought it worthy of making note of. I still plan to email McGinnis later this week, and perhaps I'll send a photo of myself along with it (in a non-creepy way) as well as the anecdote of my discovery.

Still... a guy who looks like me who is really into television and is sarcastic. What are the odds?

I'll post any reply he sends me later this week.

rick? me? me? rick?
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum