Monday, May 03, 2004 at 3:44 p.m. |
Well, after much talking and chatting, I have the internship. I'm surprised as I felt like a bit of a babbling idiot during the interview, but I guess he was impressed enough.

I start on Monday, full-time, for three months. Unpaid. Yes, that sucks royal ass but he said that over half of the current staff were former interns and that many wind up contributing freelance after they're done I guess I can't complain too much.

The work day is 10ish (his words), at the latest 11, to 5-5:30 Monday to Friday. This seems most reasonable to me as it's both short, close by, and in a very nice, clean, and well-lit environment.

I'm panicking a little about the three month aspect as I'll most likely need money before that, so I'm going to grovel to Bob to try to get some part time work during this time and maybe work full time for him in August so that I'm not completely screwed come September or failing getting full-time work at EYE.

I'm so scared right now. A little excited, too, which is a step up from how I normally get with a new job so I'm optimistic.

The job is largely fact checking and updating listings, but he said some writing could be involved based on how well I do with little things, but he also said some interns have had multiple features per issue and cover stories.

More or less, if I work hard I'm in at the end of three months. I just have to think of it as my work trial period.

I can do that.

Right?
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum