Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 2:14 p.m. |
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usSo, I took yesterday off work 'sick' because I had a gazillion things to do. I arranged to get them all done on one day and even managed to do a few extra things as well. It's always nice to not be at work, but as Nathan says I tend to get a little paranoid that people are talking shit about me for not being there. Then again, no one cares.

I wish I did all the things that Ferris Bueller did. That movie was so inspiring... alas, I did grown-up things. Running errands and avoiding odd people. At least it was sunny out.

So, yesterday I went to the Chinese Embassy to arrange travel visas for Catherine and I. Ten minutes early and I was still the 13th person in line. The guy who helped me didn't speak any English, so I had to grunt and gesture a little. He seemed used to this so there were no real problems.

After that, I met up with Catherine and her job. I sent her an email to let her know I was outside, which I thought she got as she came to the window, but it turns out they placed their garbage can in prime office real estate. Hopefully that can thinks a lot of happy thoughts.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usWent up there, collected her, then we went to the travel clinic where they charged us just shy of a billion dollars to tell us things we already knew and give us needles. I got two, Catherine got three (she was greedy). Then we left, I bought some bedding for Truffle, then I went home and did laundry. I managed to play a little Smash Bros before I left for a SECOND doctor's appointment (cool guy, two years older than I am, and from Guelph).

On my way back, I dropped forms off at U of T and mailed another teacher's college-related document. Everything's set until this fall when I get the bill. That, I don't want.

Went home, more video games, then off to karate. I got punched in the stomach quite hard.

At home, watched the hippies win the Amazing Race (ta-tao!) and Michael as he screws everyone over on Lost.

Not a bad day, overall. Unlocked the rest of the Smash Bros characters.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I set up my sick day exit by faking being ill the day before. It worked as one person wanted me to go home, one manager gave me advil, and others were sympathetic. Nathan laughed his ass off when he realized I was faking it. Normally, doing such things would be beneath me, but this place is evil and so the game must be played.

Today I'm back at work and hating it. The world has returned to normal, though Catherine and I got free tickets to an advance DaVinci Code screening tonight. Free is better than paying.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum