Monday, May 08, 2006 at 11:18 a.m. |
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI had a pretty good weekend, with last Saturday being fantastic from start to finish. I've had a couple of 'blah' weekends lately, so a lot of good fortune and fun at once is happy making.

It started out in the morning with my karate grading. A few hours of exercise, kata, punches, kicks, and I'm now in possession of a brown belt. Despite doing karate for years before I came to this club, I was JUST below brown back in Guelph so to finally get it is really cool. It's just a short jump away from black. It's one of the main goals I set for myself years ago and it's good to be getting close to completing it.

Another fun side-effect of this was that the belt I got is a size smaller than my old one and fits fantastically. This means I'm losing weight. That's also quite happy making.

After that, Catherine and I went to the Pickle Barrel downtown to meet up with her parents who were going to see a show. We had a great breakfast/lunch, then walked over to the Silver Snail for Free Comic Book Day 2006. We both wound up with quite a few free comics (Catherine got an Archie) and headed back home.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usThe fun didn't stop, as my action-figure.com connection finally delivered my set of Marvel Legends 13 (Onslaught wave) to my front door. I saved more than $30 on this deal and wound up with my favorite set yet. I'll upload a few of my own pics (I know, I know... geek stuff) tomorrow but I'll include stock photos of some of them today.

I only opened a couple (Pyro and Loki) and left the rest (Abomination, Green Goblin, Blackheart, Lady Deathstrike) for Sunday to open. Still, it was lots of fun and Catherine put up with me.

After that, we went to visit friends Victoria and Jamie for a night of pizza and games. The pizza was great (couldn't tell you where it was from) and then we played Boggleand Bohnanza. Of course, I won both games (mainly because Wilt wasn't there).

I was quite pleased overall. Free geek stuff, new belt, time with Catherine. I feel slightly bad that I had to skip out on my brother's backyard barbecue reception, but as he only told me about it a couple days before and plans were already made, I couldn't make it. Still, great time overall. There are worse ways to live.


EDIT:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usIf you REALLY want to look cool at work, do a blog entry while your boss walks in the room and up to you (this NEVER happens). Then have him look at your screen (all of text). Minimize that to have imageshack.us open with a GIANT stupid ad on it for a fart button. For total hilarity, realize that your boss sees this, then watch as he reaches out and pushes the button on your screen.

For the rest of your day, clean your desk so that if you're fired you can just pick up and go. Luckily, my boss knows nothing of what I do and likely thinks I was working.

Paul, I can hear you from here. I'm not an idiot. Just... unlucky on Mondays. I do well on Saturdays and alternate Tuesdays.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum