Wednesday, May 24, 2006 at 10:36 a.m. |
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usIt took more than three years, but I finally went to the dentist yesterday. The only good things about this visit were that it came after a great weekend away with Catherine (Niagara Falls) and that it got me out of work two hours early.

Still, it didn't feel good.

I don't like dentists or doctors very much. Most of this comes from when I was younger as it seemed every time I went to the doctor, I'd be sent to the hospital. Mostly for asthma (I had to spend time inside oxygen tents), but also for meningitis and other problems, so as a result I tend to avoid things.

I decided to "man-up" about it and went to the doctor last week. Yesterday was the dentist. No cavities, I'm pleased to say, but the cleaning left me feeling as though a rabid dog had unleashed its foaming fury as my mouth was puffed and slashed by the not-so-tender mercies of the dentist.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usBut I did it. It's over and done with (for now). Now I can focus on getting a few other things together for China and I'm laughing. By now, no blood should come out of my mouth if I laugh too hard. Though rinsing after my cleaning was a bit of an unpleasant shock.

More on Niagara Falls tomorrow and the finding of 22 frogs.

PS. New blog layout. The old one made the text font too big and I didn't has as much room for images as I would have liked. As you can see here, some of the photos in previous entries no longer fit the window properly, so I may resize one or two. That, or just accept that no one is going to re-read them and move on.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum