Tuesday, June 14, 2005 at 11:20 a.m. |
For those of you who know him, you can understand the kind of bizarre happenings that occur when Dave Gerow is around. For the next year, he'll be making life interesting for the Chinese as he helps teach them English.

Here is a sample of his bi-weekly emails:

"Hey, here's a sort of funny story. I teach an adult beginner class with this Chinese girl and the other day she was teaching them "dislike", so she said to me, "What's something I can use for an example?" And I said (because the students don't use any English, so I can say anything), "Nobody here seems to like the Japanese." And she just went up to the board and wrote the following:

I dislike Japanese.
He dislikes Japanese.
We dislike Japanese.

And next to "We dislike Japanese", she drew a Japanese flag (a box with a circle in it) and put an "X" through it. I swear this on the safety of my return flight to Canada. Anyway, nobody minded. Afer all, We dislike Japanese."

God bless you, David.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum