Thursday, June 16, 2005 at 10:34 p.m. |
That was the clever name Hasbro came up with for their recently released Transformer from their Alternators line. The entire thing is based on the G1 characters we all grew up with, and today I used a gift certificate I had (which you could only use for four days this month and then it was worthless) towards getting my favorite Jeep (now based on a Wrangler) to get Hound.

Hound was a great character with a gun that could create holograms. He also had a shoulder mounted missle, but at this exact moment I can't seem to recall him using it. During the first season or two, Hound was a regular on the show, though he barely even made it into the comics.

That's what happens when merchandising hits the fan. Too many ideas, too many characters, and not enough space to feature them all, and feature them you must in order to make money.

This figure is actually quite impressive, and in the same scale as my Dodge Viper Sideswipe and my 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime. If any of you are wondering where this post is going, it's in the direction of "too much disposable income."

Which is funny, because I should save like mad.

Instead, Catherine and I used our "summer fun" money to buy a used copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Gamecube. We've been playing it a bit, and could use a couple of more people to join in the mayhem.

Other than that, next week at work will reveal if I get fired or if we get three times as much work dumped on us. Nothing stays the same, just gets crappier. I think that should be my slogan in life.

On the "that doesn't stink" side, I DID get a couple of articles approved for eye Weekly regarding the Serenity screening, so at least I'll get published again soon. I was beginning to think that I dreamt the whole thing up. I've also asked to do movie reviews again (even volunteering for the stinkers) so that I can feel good about myself when I have nothing better to do at work.

That's all. Go on about your business.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum