Wednesday, June 08, 2005 at 2:46 p.m. |
The new Coldplay album landed. Some sources claim it's the best thing since sliced bread, others are slightly more immune to the hype machine and merely label it 'good.' Rolling Stone seems to be balanced in the middle, and after my first pass through the album I'm inclined to agree.

There are no breakaway hits for me other than "Fix Me." With other Coldplay albums, songs like "Don't Panic," "Yellow," "Clocks," and an assortment of other tunes seemed to break through whatever exterior I had going on at the time and have a ripple effect in my emotional center.

It's hard to place "X&Y" yet as the best they've done, and right now it's still behind "Parachutes."

My biggest frustration with the group is they want the label of the best rock & roll band in the world. Sorry, but that belongs to U2 and you need more than three albums to top it. Also, some guitars and, you know, ROCK songs, probably would help.

Still, it's a good album and worth listening to. You can borrow or burn it from me.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum