Tuesday, January 04, 2005 at 11:07 p.m. |
Why is it that every time I blink, several days have gone by? I come to this blog daily to search (fruitlessly) for comments from visitors and yet it never seems to strike me that it's been a long time since I last posted.

I remember when I first started this thing I had the rather lofty goal of writing at least an entry a day. I think I told Catherine it would "keep my writing sharp" or some other such nonsense.

It is a good outlet, but not quite good enough. To that end, I've decided to add a half hour "workout" every day where I do nothing but creative writing. Today I'm three pages into a potential novel, and tomorrow I'll continue working on a back-up story for X-Men Unlimited featuring the Beast. Whether any of these projects are worth a damn is up in the air, but Catherine seems to like them.

Just because she's dating me, doesn't mean she's going to be too nice, does it?

To ensure full feedback potential, I'll offer to head up a pseudo-reading/writing group. All you have to do is contribute five pages minimum a month to be able to read any and all pieces of writing that are created. We'll bounce them back and forth... whether they're ideas, concepts, or full stories. And I figure we'll come up with a list of publishers and contacts to try and get the ball rolling.

So far I've only vaguely discussed this as a possibility with Aaron, but I have a feeling that others like Jer and Josh will get on board this idea quickly. If you're interested, drop me a line either through email or as a comment at the end of this post or in the chatterbox.

On an unrelated note, I watched the first episode of Medium tonight. I had my doubts about a show starring Patricia Arquette, but I have to say that the first episode has enough meat on the bone to keep me interested. I'll come back next week to see how it progresses.

Otherwise, I'll have to content myself with Lost, which starts up again with a new episode tomorrow night.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum