Tuesday, January 18, 2005 at 3:37 p.m. |
That's what Bono tends to sign about, anyway. My ambition this week has been to do something unheard of in my circle of friends, and that is to break into the on-air television journalism field.

Sure, Jer and Aaron are doing the Humber thing as we speak, and Catherine is a fellow alumnus, but at the moment I'm the only one not doing anything of particular interest or value. I happen to think I stand a decent chance of getting this job (or else I wouldn't be going to all the effort) so I'm putting my best foot forward.

The brochure/resume is nearly done. A few small edits and a couple more pics and I'll be there. I'm taking the final version to Humber tomorrow to get thumbs up or down from the teachers.

Today I shot video of Erik Ko (Street Fighter), and Chris, who is the comic book manager at the Beguiling. Tomorrow morning it's off to Humber to shoot the stand up and edit the video. As long as all goes well, I'll probably be dropping off the entire package at CityTV tomorrow afternoon.

That's kind of crazy, if you think about it.

Still, I'm thrilled to be doing something with myself and my time that isn't related to depression or watching TV. Creating, writing, and editing again has fuelled a flame that I thought was long extinguished. Hopefully I can get this enthusiasm across on tape, as this literally has to be the best thing I've ever done.

You see how I'm not pressuring myself at all?
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum