Saturday, November 20, 2004 at 11:26 a.m. |
Neither could I, really. What follows is absolutely true, though why anyone would believe it is beyond me. Well, okay, maybe it isn't beyond the realm of believability, but it is pretty damn funny.

Here is an email I sent to an old editor friend of mine at the Toronto Sun. It was in relation to a job opening they had for their layout division:

He
y XXXX,

Hope things are going well with you. I'm still doing the job search thing, which I must admit, is steadily growing on my nerves.

At any rate, I'm going to apply for a job at the Sun doing layout (it's been posted online) and I was just wondering if you had any tips or suggestions that I could use should I get called for an interview?

Anything at all would be great!




The reply is surreal to say the least. This comes to me three days later:








Are you ready? It's pretty odd...





Here it is (unedited):

Hi Tim,

No, sorry, no suggestions ... and I've thought about it, I really have. Unfortunately, it's not my area of expertise. Wait... here's something. The current graphic artists do maps, charts and lay out pages. They also do a little copy editing, although sometimes they are discouraged from doing that. Hope that helps.
XXXX

Catherine still finds this funny...


Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum