Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 3:34 p.m. |
Apocalypse BAFI can feel it brewing in the pit of my stomach. Lots of life changes ahead, most positive, but my mind and body are eager to get the hell out of dodge.

People keep telling me to relax, I'll be leaving soon, and all that stuff, but I find myself becoming increasingly agitated over minor matters that in months past wouldn't have phased me. I'm not even talking about work complaints, just people in general or having to complete any sort of task.

My mind has quit. It's already at home, watching TV, and preparing for the next step.

It's also bogged down by an article I'm writing for Eye Weekly which I no longer believe in (either the story or the pub). I pitched it months ago (it has to do with the upcoming Toronto Comicon and me interviewing TV celebrities from shows long dead) and I modified it yesterday to be about the ridiculous prices these people charge their fans for an autograph and the paper went for it. Now I actually have to produce something. In reality, all I want to do is sleep.

Most celebrities charge about $20 per signature on a photograph they provide you which you typically have to purchase as well. If they even get 200 people in their line a day, that's more than $4000. Add it up over three days and the potential lines that can grow from a typical show attendence of 30 to 40 000 geeked-out fans and you've got enough for most middle-class families to survive for a year.

Why can't I have a career like that?

I suppose teaching is second best given all the vacation time you have. During the year you're worked to the bone, but at least you're mentallly crippled body has a chance to heal during summer.

I'm also annoyed because I have four blisters on my feet causing a lot of discomfort. Didn't get a single one when I was in China, but I get home and it's blister city.

Oh well. Season 2 of Veronica Mars should be in my mailbox any day now and I finally got the arms/tubes for my build-a-figure of Apocalypse. Minor victories all around on things that don't matter.

The main shining light right now is that today is Catherine and I's 7th anniversary. We've lasted a good long time and look forward to many years to come. I still can't get over how lucky I am to have someone so loving and supportive in my life. She even puts up with my rants and toys. That, my friends, is girlfriend gold.

To celebrate, she's going out tonight with her brother to see Blue Rodeo at the CNE.

Figures. Oh well, I have special plans in the works for us in a couple weeks time as we're super busy until then. Hopefully she really likes it, otherwise I'll be back to let everyone who reads this blog know.

10 actual days at work left.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum