Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 11:28 a.m. |
Yangshou countryside


Every Thursday until I get bored of doing it, I'll be including photos and videos of my trip to China.

Today is all about Yangshou, a nice little paradise in the south of China. The above photo is a panoramic shot taken from some of the country roads just outside of the town. We travelled these roads either on scooters or mini-motorcycles that only cost about 30-40 yuan per day (about $4.50-$5.50).

The water on the far right flooded over the path due to heavy rains making it tough to drive those little mini-motorcycles over. Catherine, David and I went for it anyway, but I was too late to catch Catherine dipping her feet in. David and I made it through okay on the first pass, but seeing as how that road turned out to be a dead end we had to come back at which point I made it a point to soak both my feet.

The first pass:


The day before we rented scooters and all was well until David and his girlfriend went through a muddy patch a little too quickly and tried to correct themselves when they slid. Instead they came to a very slow stop and toppled sideways into the mud.

Damn funny, if you ask me. Just then the previously deserted streets suddenly had a lot of traffic and tourists who stopped to ask him how he was doing.

While he was cleaning up, I asked Catherine to take a video of me driving down the street. Little did I know that there was a surprise waiting for me. By the end of the video, you see me panic a little because I was about to enter the muddy patch that did David and Ting Ting in.



More next week!

21 actual days at work left.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum