Saturday, March 05, 2005 at 11:44 a.m. |
This, one and all, has to be my personal record for the longest time in between blog entries. In fact, it would be longer, but I'm avoiding doing work on a Saturday at the moment.

It's been a while, so I'll bring you all up to speed: I have a job now at a company called First Media Group. This is not the glorious job I feel I was promised in the early days of my youth and in fact the job itself can be boring and repetitive. On the bright side, however, this is my first real annual salary kind of job and I'm not about to mess it up.

I'm a production artist there and I lay out ads for many major and minor papers around Canada. We'll be expanding our efforts to the States eventually, and I'm sure my head will explode. It's only been one week, but already I've stayed late on three of the four days I've worked.

Hopefully this extra effort will cease.

In other news, Marvel is celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the Age of Apocalypse. One of the best X-Men stories to have ever been produced, all the original books are going to be collected in four massive trade paperbacks. Like a good little boy, I'll likely buy all of them when they come out.

In addition, Marvel is producing a six-issue limited series and a one-shot. I have the first issues of both, and I must say I'm rather impressed. 10 years is a lot of time to lose the magic, but so far so good.

Also, this week saw the release of Ultimate Iron Man. Normally I wouldn't announce such a project, but this one happens to be written by my favorite author, Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game). It's being drawn by Andy Kubert (Origin), another favorite, and worth taking a look at. By taking a look I'm sure most of you will take this to mean it's okay to read my issue.

Catherine and I are shuffling along and doing well. She's just completed her Felicity collection on DVD and is busy trying to get me to cheer up about getting a job. You'd think I'd be celebrating, but somehow it feels like the end of all there is...

Hrm.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum