Friday, March 18, 2005 at 6:38 p.m. |
... or encouraged. Honestly, at this point I'm not sure which side of the fence I fall on.

For those of you in the dark, Lucas made an announcement today that for the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, the films would be released, one a year starting in 2007, in 3-D. This is a true story.

What's more interesting is that Peter Jackson has made comments about doing something similar with Lord of the Rings. What's more, apparently he's already done it with some of the footage.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be there front and center for all of this because I'm a consumer whore. It's just that Lucas and his madness of forty different versions must be stopped sooner or later. I'm told that in 2017, for the 40th Anniversary, there will be smell-o-vision and actual garbage will get dumped on us during the trash compactor scene.

Again, I'll likely be there.

It's too bad that these films need the size of the theatre to really work, though, as watching them on a TV at home will likely lose the effect. Unless you're Paul who owns a projector, and I'm assuming by the time the movies actually come out will have bought his own theatre.

Star Wars. In 3-D. Wild.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum