Friday, October 01, 2004 at 1:20 p.m. |
After my huge love-fest about X-Men Legends yesterday I was eager to take another crack at the team of merry mutants. For those of you who don't know, I'd put in a request with the makers of the game and their parent company, Activision, for an interview as well as a review copy of the game. I'd heard nothing at all back after repeated attempts, so I figured the whole thing was dead in the water.

Today I called Blockbuster and asked them to hold the game for me. I figured I was reasonably close to finishing... another five to ten hours or so... and I really enjoyed playing it.

Ten minutes later there was a call from Purolator downstairs. Went down, signed, and got a copy of the game for free.

Fucking cool.

Now the dirty part. Activision sent me a PS2 copy, and I have but a lowly Gamecube. So close, yet so far.

Not to be put off by such a turn of events, I went high and low trying to exchange this game. I called Zellers and they said no problem. I went to Dundas West, only to find out they didn't have it. Doh.

I called Toys R Us at Eglinton. They said sure. I went there, was told that they had too many copies of the game and didn't want another one. I went to EB. They were sold out. Went to an independent store but they weren't having any of it.

So, my last resort was FutureShop. I actually called them first, but they said as long as it scanned they would take it back. I was concerned. Yet it scanned, they said grab the one you want, and it was all done. The downside was that for some bizarre reason the Gamecube version was $10 more. I paid it gladly.

So, I have a new game out of the blue. I like things like that. I also saw that my Dark Tower book finally has gone on sale after repeated visits (and finally a complaint to the store which is in the process of being 'answered') so I'll have that in my hands later. Add on a trip to a Blue Jays game tonight, and you have a pretty good day.

All that would cement it would be a lovely new job. Dare I wish for so much all at once?
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum