Friday, September 24, 2004 at 11:09 a.m. |
I woke up this morning feeling good.

That may not seem like an important statement, but in the past two weeks that's been a rarity. Since working late nights changing lights with Bob I've been feeling less than animated in the morning. Today, however, I had to get up bright and early for a job interview with Performance Auto & Sound magazine. A car magazine.

I'll give you a minute to stop laughing.


Still waiting....





Done yet?

Good.

Anyway, we all know that my chances of getting a job in an area requiring huge amount of knowledge on tricked-out cars is less than stellar. They're willing to train and wait a little provided that the skill is up to par (I assure you it is) but I'm still not going to jump up and down for joy yet.

Still, it feels good to get the interview. I've applied for a few other places lately that I think would really suit my skills and talents (again, stop laughing) and I'm hopeful that I'll get a few phone calls. I'm still waiting to hear about that job I'm reasonably certain I might get, but not wanting to get my hopes up I refuse to put all my eggs in one basket.

At any rate, I'm feeling pretty good today. The title of today's post refers to my degu, Truffle, who had her butt hanging out one of the tubes in the cage this morning. As far as I can tell, she was just lounging and relaxing in the sun to heat up her rump. Still damn funny. Being the nerdy Dad, I took a picture and I'm now sharing it with friends. If she was a person, she'd hate me in 15 years. I can't wait to annoy my own kids one day.

So that's that. Tonight is date night with Catherine where we celebrate the tradition of dinner and a movie, likely Anchorman with Will Ferrel. I'm down with that.

Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum