Monday, July 21, 2008 at 7:29 p.m. |
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usGood god, I loved this movie.

Epic at more than 2 1/2 hours, insane due to Heath Ledger's terrifying turn as the clown prince of crime, and brilliant for the angst and inner conflict that Harvey Dent/Two-Face had to go through.

I saw this movie on opening night and I'm still trying to get my bearings. It's rare that a comic book movie is described as being a great film on its own and not just a good comic book film. Yet this work by Christopher Nolan succeeds on so many levels. If it has a flaw, it might be that it was a bit long, but I never felt cheated and everything was wrapped up in a way that I was happy with.

Other directors take note: this is how you do a film with multiple antagonists without alienating or frustrating your audience. And Ledger... wow, does he deserve every bit of praise he's gotten. There were times when I was genuinely afraid of this guy and couldn't predict what he was going to do next.

In short, go see The Dark Knight. If you've already done so, let me know what you think about the movie in the comments section.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum