Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 5:47 p.m. |
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI'm not sure why I did it, other than I'm a bit of an attention whore. Perhaps it's my deep-seeded need to be seen. At any rate, today I auditioned to be on a reality TV show.

It's called NOW (No Opportunity Wasted) and it comes from the host of The Amazing Race, Phil Koeghan. The basic premise is to take people away from their lives for 72 hours to do something they previously didn't think they had the courage to do.

What this specifically means, I have no idea. But I wrote down that I wanted to skydive and was terrified, that I really hate super enclosed spaces (like caves) and for whatever reason they sat me down to audition me.

This means absolutely nothing.

Catherine and I went to meet Phil and get a book signed at Indigo a couple of blocks away. While there, I figured "why not?" Who knows, maybe I'll get to humiliate myself on TV next fall.

The main downside is that we had to shell out $20 for the book in order of the same name in order to get the autograph (there was no requirement for the audition). Hopefully it's good, but you never know.

We chatted with Phil for a minute, talking about Guelph mostly (he lived there for four years when he was a child) and then we were on our way. I had fun, Catherine seemed slightly grumpy. ;)
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum