Friday, January 06, 2006 at 1:00 p.m. |
X-Men: The 198 FilesJust when you think the New Year is going to get off to a slow and uneventful start, things begin to happen. You go back to work, think things are slow, realize there aren't any more holidays until Easter, then you cry, then things start to happen.

The first bit of news is that X-Men: The 198 Files has now been released by Marvel. Written by my co-publisher and friend, Eric J. Moreels, Marc-Oliver Frisch, and myself, Brian Wilkinson.

For those who have known me for years, my ambition has been to get my name in a Marvel book in the credits as writer. For as long as I can remember, this has been my dream. I never thought it would happen, but there it is. I was even asked to sign the copies my comic book store owner got in.

It's just a handbook, nothing major. Not even the proper kind of comic book writing that I wanted to do. Still, it's paid freelance work for a company thousands have dreamed of writing for and failed. That's a big success in my mind.

It's available now and your local comic shop for $5.75 CND.

The other news, and substantially more important in the grand scheme of things, is that Jamie and Nicole are going to become parents. No, not to a new pet as many would immediatley think, but to an actual baby. A human. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Jamie and Nicole

This news blows my mind.

Jamie and Nic told me via messenger yesterday. Apparently, Nicole gave Jamie a present on Christmas Eve that read "From Nicole, Morgan (their dog), and the baby." Jamie, being Jamie, began to look around for what he assumed to be a new puppy. Nicole had to explain it to him. Then, apparently, Jamie didn't speak for several hours.

While not planned, both of them seem to be happy, if not somewhat shocked themselves. I can't think of someone who will be a better mother than Nicole, so she'll more than balance out Jamie whom I expect to be the permissive parent. At least the kid will be rolling in video games, board games, and action figures. My kind of parent.

Congrats to both of you and good luck. We're here for you.
Posted by Parallel

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum