Wednesday, February 06, 2008 at 5:13 p.m. |
It's testing all of my patience, this new job. Just when I think I've got a grasp on some part of it, the rug gets pulled out.

I'm getting a little bit friendlier with some of the people in the department, which is a huge help, but I'm still feeling like an outsider. I don't really expect this to change too much, though I figure it will get better.

What's pissing me off now is my students. If I could just get rid of five of them, my job would be much better. I have an academic history class (grade 10) that is driving me insane. My classroom management skills are quite good but these kids are just treating it like a constant party or as though it's the end of a semester. It's taking everything I have to keep things moving along and at least three times today I had to stop class and attempt to appeal to their better nature.

It's not working.

Soon, I think, I may stop working myself. It's hard enough just making it through the year, but when students leave the room and you start throwing chalk and crying it isn't a good sign.

I miss happier days. Unreasonable though it is, I'm super-ticked at my old school for letting me go. I pray that decision wasn't the beginning of the end for me.
Posted by Parallel

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone has the patience brian you do.Shit quit being so hard on yourself,your good at what you do and more importantly you like it.Pace yourself you little shit and remember your the funny one!

11:47 a.m.  
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum