Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 5:30 p.m. |
My feet hurt, my back is sore, I'm super-tired, and I'm in an amazing mood.

Knocked my lesson out of the park today, helped out at the school, and generally made myself into a good teacher today.

On top of that, I got home and there's a message from the Toronto District School Board and they want to set up an interview for me.

F***IN' AWESOME.

This is an extremely competitive board. More than 4000 applications are received and they interview around 900 for their eligible to hire list. 98% of the people who are interviewed make it onto the list and then they can be selected by individual high schools in the GTA for jobs at their schools. You MUST be on the list to get a job in Toronto.

This makes the slurpee I got on the way home all that much sweeter.

I called Scott, my associate teacher from Northview, who was just as excited and told me that he expected it to happen. He also mentioned that it looks like it's going to be a hiring year at Northview and that he's trying to pave the way for me to get a job there.

Now I can finally rest. I'm going to sleep well tonight!
Posted by Parallel Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum