Sunday, February 11, 2007 at 9:06 p.m. |
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usToday something horrible happened.

I went to karate to help out at a tournament for the little kids. It helps out the club even though I was brutally sore from the class the night before (my first in months because of my feet). But hey, I got a free lunch out of it.

A free lunch and an afternoon of frustration.

You see, I had left the source of my domestic bliss without my keys or wallet. Neither of these choices was intentional, but Catherine ushered me out the door and I didn't think about it at all. She mentioned casually about going to the gym, but that's about it.

I returned home three hours later only to discover she wasn't home. I couldn't even get in the building.

I had to wait in the vestibule for about 15 minutes until someone happened to be leaving. I went inside and tried to get the super to let me into the apartment but he was nowhere to be found.

I sat in a chair. It was 1pm.

Around 1:05 I was feeling quite agitated. I had bought some timbits for Catherine and I and I felt silly sitting in a chair in the lobby, with my karate uniform on concealed by my jacket, and just staring at the wall.

At 1:10 I knew I was in trouble because I really had to go to the bathroom. And it wasn't the #1 kind either.

.....

Time passes really slowly in an apartment building lobby.

At 1:45 I was frustrated because I didn't have my wallet with me which meant I couldn't go anywhere. I flirted with the idea of going to a movie until the bitter reality set in.

At 2:10 I decided to go to the dojo where I could at least go to the bathroom. Then it occurred to me that I was going to let myself in the dojo with my keys which were still hung up inside the apartment.

At 2:30 I headed out for Tim Horton's to use the bathroom and to call Catherine from a payphone. I barely made it to Tim's and felt silly asking for the bathroom key. To make myself feel better, I promised myself I would buy something when I was done. But the cashier wasn't there when I returned the key, so I left and saved the dollar I had on me for another time.

At 2:40 I tried calling Catherine. No answer. What's the point of having a phone if you don't answer it?!?

At 2:45 I resumed my post in the lobby. I tried the super again to no avail.

2:50. This is REALLY boring.

Between 2:50 and 3:45 I fight off falling asleep and jerk awake every time someone comes in or out. Each time I hope it's Catherine, but gradually hope is fading away. My body gets more and more stiff from the exercise I did the day before.

At 4:15, Catherine finally comes back. She looks surprised to see me. A little pleased as well, almost as though I have some sort of surprise to give her.

No surprise. Just bitterness.

She apologizes profusely and I let her off the hook so long as she promises to go out and buy me a present. She feels badly, which makes me happy, but doesn't change the fact that I spent nearly three and a half hours in the lobby of my building.

She bought me some cream eggs and bubble bath. I feel like such a girl.

The worst part of it is that it's all my fault.
Posted by Parallel

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Talk about LOL! This was hilarious - well to me anyway. :-)

1:52 p.m.  
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum