Monday, November 13, 2006 at 10:34 p.m. |
"Go then, there are other worlds than these."

Good lord it's been a long time since I last posted. No real reason for the lack of updates, just that I've been preoccupied with school. It's a one month "internship" that has me teaching grade 9 english and grade 11 sociology full time.

The first week was brutal, but manageable. The second week I suddenly emerged into the light and all was well in the world.

According to my AT, I'm doing unbelievably well. He's already done my evaluation and it states that I should be hired now and that I'm "the best teacher candidate he's ever seen."

I'm still stunned.

It's not that I doubt my ability to teach, but getting high praise from someone who is well respected in the educational community makes it seem surreal. I have miles to go and years to cover before I'm anywhere near his league, Nicole's league, or the many great teachers I've had in the past.

What I will take from this is that it's a sign that I've made the right choice. Hopefully ;).

Otherwise, things are looking just fine. The Wii comes out in less than a week and I'm going to try to rope in Jer to have some launchday fun and games as afterwards he'll take home his spanking new Gamecube (seeing as I'll no longer have use for mine).

Then next week I turn 29. I'm getting old. Not Nathan old, mind you, or even Jer old, but old.

You know how I know? I always feel ready for a nap.
Posted by Parallel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome back mate.

Lemme tell ya... it's no fun being Jer old... or really, being Jer at all.

I'm up for Wii-ness, but not before next weekend. I must work a stupid amount of hours over the weekend.

Congrats on glowing review from your AT. I foresee good things.

9:43 a.m.  
Anonymous said...

Hey Homeboy!!!

http://www.n8itude.com/tempo/heyhomeboy

bahaha you'll love it.

4:48 p.m.  
Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum